5 Important Health Tips for Seniors to Live By
The generation of baby boomers has now come to their retirement stage. If the previous census showed seniors accounting for 13% of the population, this current age group is aging much faster. So much so that it is projected that in the year 2030 the baby boomer senior population will reach a staggering 78 million. This basically tells us how much different aging in today’s world is than it was a few decades ago.
Experts believe that in order to age happily, we need to take further steps to promote a healthy lifestyle and do our best to keep active for the rest of our lives.
These five simple health tips are recommended to help seniors live longer and happier lives.
- Exercising and staying active. There’s always something you can do to keep fit and active. Regular physical activity helps maintain strength, balance, flexibility, and endurance. It helps boost the immune system, prevents falls, manages stress, allows for better sleep, and helps you feel and look good, too.
- Eating right. Exercising and eating the right kinds of food will go a long way in keeping you healthy. Lean meats, eggs, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and beans are just some of the nutrient-rich foods seniors should incorporate into their diets. Supplement your nutrition with vitamins purchased at Arkell Walk-In Clinic & Arkell Pharmacy, a reputable pharmacy in Guelph.
- Avoiding stressful situations. It’s fair to say that when you’re 65 years or older, you’ve probably gone through your fair share of stress. Right now, health challenges could also be plaguing your life. There’s no need to add to that by getting involved in stressful situations which are avoidable. A line you usually hear from older adults is, “I’m too old for this,” or some other variation of that phrase which is another way of saying that something is not worth stressing over. That’s something seniors should definitely live by as it helps contribute to a longer, stress-free life.
- Spending time with family. Your family isn’t limited to those who share your blood. They can be the people you love and who love you in return. They are individuals who you draw your strength from. Making it a point to spend time with your loved ones helps a senior stay positive through their health challenges, and lets them know they have a genuine support system to rely on.
- Working with the right health care providers. Your doctors, pharmacists, and physical therapists have the knowledge, skills, and experience to effectively guide you through your senior healthcare journey. For instance, at Arkell Walk-In Clinic & Arkell Pharmacy, a walk-in clinic in Guelph, Canada, they make it their goal to provide the best-individualized care possible. They help you understand more about the current state of your health in order to properly address and provide solutions for your health needs.
Don’t forget to SHARE this to your beloved senior family member!